Unique 8 Unit 10 Real Listening Text

Arkadaşlar,
    Unique 8 kitabındaki dinleme metni, öğretmen kitabında eksik verilmiş. Eksik olan kısımlar ne yazık ki oldukça fazla. Böyle bir kitabın denetimden nasıl geçtiği de ayrı bir konu.
    Uzun uğraşlar sonucu aşağıdaki metni hazırladım. İlgilenenlere duyurulur.

Lütfen teşekkürü çok görmeyiniz.

The Gift of the Magi
    One dollar and eighty-seven cents. That was all. One dollar and eighty-seven cents. And the next day would be Christmas. There was nothing left to do, but lie down on the couch and cry. Therefore, Della did that. Della finished crying. She stood by the window. Tomorrow would be Christmas Day and she had only $1.87 to buy Jim a present. She was saving every penny she could for months, but this was the result, only $1.87 to buy a present for Jim, her Jim. She wanted to buy something nice for him. Something fine and rare.
    Suddenly she saw herself on the window glass. She was a tall and slim young lady with beautiful long hair. Her eyes shone brilliantly. But her face lost its colour within twenty seconds. Rapidly, she pulled down her hair and let it fall to its full length.
    They were proud of two possessions. One was Jim’s gold watch. The other was Della’s long beautiful hair. It reached below her knee and made itself almost a dress for her then she did it up again nervously and quickly. She stood still for a minute. A tear splashed on the old red carpet. She wore her old brown jacket and old brown hat and went out.
    She stopped to read the sign: ‘Madame Sofronie. Hair Goods of All Kinds.’ Della ran in and asked, “Will you buy my hair?”
    “I buy hair.” said Madame. “Take your hat off and let’s have a look.”
    Della took off her hat.
    “Twenty dollars.” said Madame, lifting the hair with her hand.
    “Give it to me quick.” said Della.
    And the next two hours she looked for Jim’s present. She found it at last. It was a platinum chain for Jim’s watch. As soon as she saw it, she knew that it had to be Jim’s. It was like him precious and rare. They took twenty-one dollars from her for it. And she hurried home with eighty-seven cents.
    When Della reached home, her hair was full of tiny, close-lying curls. They made her look like a schoolboy. She looked her reflection in the mirror long, carefully, and critically. "If Jim doesn't kill me," she said to herself, "before he takes a second look at me, he'll say I look like a chorus girl. But what could I do - oh! what could I do with a dollar and eighty-seven cents?"
    At 7 o’clock, the coffee and the dinner was ready. Jim was never late. Della took the chain in her hand and sat on the corner of the table. Then she heard his step on the stairs. She whispered, “Please, God, make him think I am still pretty.”.
    The door opened and Jim stepped in and closed it. He looked thin and very serious. Poor fellow, he was only twenty-two. He needed a new overcoat and he didn’t have gloves. Jim stepped inside the door. His eyes were fixed upon Della, and there was an expression in them that she could not read, and it terrified her. It was not anger, nor surprise, nor disapproval, nor horror. He simply stared at her fixedly.
    “Jim, darling,” Della cried, “don’t look at me that way. I’ve cut off my hair and sold it because I wanted to give you a present. It’ll grow out again - you won't mind, will you? My hair grows awfully fast. Say ‘Merry Christmas!’ Jim, and let’s be happy. You don't know what a nice-what a beautiful, nice gift I've got for you.”
    “You’ve cut off your hair?” asked Jim.
    “Cut it off and sold it.” said Della. “Don’t you like me just as well, anyhow? I’m me without my hair.”
    Jim drew a package from his overcoat pocket and threw it upon the table.
    “Don’t make any mistakes about me, Dell.” he said. “Of course I still love you. You are still very beautiful. But if you unwrap that package, you will understand.”
    Della opened the package. Then, a scream of joy; and then, tears.
    There were a set of combs in the package. Beautiful combs, pure tortoise-shell, with jewelled rims. They were expensive combs, she knew.
    She looked at Jim and said, “My hair grows so fast, Jim!”.
    Then, Della stood up to show Jim’s present to him. “You’ll look at the time a hundred times a day now. Give me your watch. I want to see how it looks on it.”
    “Dell,” said Jim, “let’s put our Christmas presents away and keep them for a while. I sold the watch to get the money to buy your combs.”
    Jim and Della spent Christmas with their unused presents and no money, but still in love and hope.

Blog Entries

Re: Unique 8 Unit 10 Real Listening Text

Değerli paylaşımınız için çok teşekkürler büyük usta

EmeĞİnİze saĞlik hocam

çok teşekkür ederim hocam.

TeŞekkür ederİz hocam..